Cooking dinner for my mum last night , no boyfreind and no stepdad a Girls Night in , these were starters /canapes assembled quickly eaten with some delicious white wine and a proper catch up .
I love the combination of beetroot and salmon ( used last in my Valentines dinner )I think these look fantastic there is a bit of preparation but easy to assemble.
Vodka Marinated Salmon and Beetroot Chutney Canape
Vodka Marinated Salmon
10ml of vodka
1 tbsp of brown sugar
200g of smoked salmon
- Mix together the vodka and brown sugar and pour over the salmon
- Leave for a few hours or overnight if you have it
1 medium beetroot – cooked til softened
10ml of balsamic vinegar
1tsp of crushed dried red chilli
1tsp of olive oil
- Finely chop the beetroot
- Mix the beetroot with the vinegar , chilli and oil
- Leave to marinade together for a few hours
Assembling the canapes.
- Cut the pumpernickle bread into sixth
- Smear with soft cheese and a teaspoon of the beetroot chutney
- Layer over a piece of smoked salmon
Other beetroot recipes
Filed under: Fish